The EmStat Development Board helps you to simplify and speed up your EmStat development project.
The board can hold an EmStat module, MUX module and Arduino and/or Arduino shields.
We have different libraries available for development of Windows applications, smartphone apps, Raspberry PI and for Arduino. More information here.
This product is meant for customers who already have an EmStat module. If you are a first customer we recommend to start with the EmStat Development Kit.
The following circuit protection mechanisms have been implemented in the development board:
- All digital IO’s have over-voltage, reverse-voltage, over-current, and ESD protection.
- Analog IO’s are buffered on-board for impedance isolation, over-voltage and reverse-voltage protection, and ESD protection.
- Valid input supply range of 3-12VDC, with over-current and reverse-voltage protection, and a regulated +5V supply for the EmStat to ensure correct operation and preventing damage.
The development board can be powered by:
- DC adaptor,
- screw terminals,
- via USB,
- or via the Arduino.
The development board contains the following interfaces for different forms of communication or triggering:
- USB communications via a mini-USB connector
- RS232 communications via a standard DB9 connector, allows the use of standard RS232 dongles
- An auxiliary port for use with other PalmSens modules
- On-board level shifting options for all digital IO’s, between 5V, 3V3, or any externally provided logic level less than 5V.
The potentiostat can be connected to an electrochemical cell by means of:
- A LEMO connector for use with a PalmSens Sensor Cable;
- A Screen Printed Electrode (SPE) connector;
- On-board standard test sensor option enabled by a switch;
- Pin headers/screw terminals.
The EmStat development board is designed specifically for compatibility with an Arduino Zero, Uno or Intel Edison.
Various jumper setting available for:
- selecting different UART lines,
- EmStat-DAC to Arduino-ADC,
- EmStat-4Vref to Arduino-AREF,
- EmStat-D0 & D1 to Arduino-INT0 & INT1 interrupts,
- and EmStat-Reset control from Arduino-IO4.
The dev. board can be powered from the Arduino itself, either via sharing the Arduino-DC adaptor voltage directly (3-12V), or sharing power from any shield such as an Li-ion shield.
Other features the development board contains:
- Option to populate a MUX8 or MUX16 multiplexer, with connections pulled to pinheaders/screw terminals;
- LED indicators for the EmStats digital IO activity: D0-D3, Reset, Download, RxD and TxD lines;
- Push buttons to generate a pulse on D0 or Reset lines;
- DIP switch to break UART connections to RS232, Arduino, USB, or external headers individually as required;
- Can supply up to 200mA of the regulated +5V off-board.