Please use this procedure only if your PalmSens3 shows a blue screen without characters when turning on:
Follow these steps to restore your PalmSens3:
- Open PSTrace and go to menu: Tools >> Instrument Settings…
and click button “Update firmware”.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected and PalmSens3 shows in the list next to the ‘Connect’ button.
- Click the ‘Connect’ button.
- The program will say “Could not connect properly.” Ignore this.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button
- Select a .HEX file with the signature PalmSens3_firmware_v##.hex. Where ## is the version number. For example ‘PalmSens3_firmware_v27.hex’
- Click the button ‘Start update firmware’.
- The firmware will be restored:
If the update procedure does not start or something is still wrong:
Contact PalmSens BV by e-mail email@example.com or call +31 30 2459211
Follow the instructions of this section only if your PalmSens3 has EIS capabilities.
After the PalmSens3 has been restored it is advised to run the EIS calibration procedure.
To do this open PSTrace. Then go to menu: Tools >> Instrument settings… and click the “Calibrate for EIS” button.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
A normal calibration procedure takes about 5 minutes.