You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Follow these instructions only if the PalmSens4 does not show as a “Programmable Device” in the device list:
If it shows as “Programmable Device”, continue with Step 5.
- Screwdriver: Torx 8
Step 1: Remove battery lid and battery
Step 2: Connect the PalmSens4 to USB
Connect the PalmSens4 to your PC with the USB cable. Place the PalmSens4 up-side-down on your desk.
Step 3: Short the two ‘Rst’ pads
Bend the paperclip in such a way that you can short the two ‘Rst’ pads in the battery compartment, as shown in the photo below.
Step 4: Unplug and plug back in
Remove the USB cable from the PalmSens4, wait a few seconds and then connect the PalmSens4 back to the PC again.
Step 5: Upload new firmware
- Open PSTrace and go to menu: Tools >> Instrument Settings…
and click button “Update firmware”.
- You should see “Programmable Device” selected next to the “Connect” button.
- Click “Connect”
- Click “Browse” and select file “PalmSens4_firmware_v##.hex”
Make sure the text shows it is firmware suitable for PalmSens4.
- Click “Start update firmware”
- Wait until the Uploader gives the message “UPDATE COMPLETE” and close the window.
Step 6: Close housing
Connect the battery, place it back in its compartment and close the housing.