BASI Corrosion Cell for Welded Joints or Non-flat surfaces
corrosion cell set-up for direct in-situ measurements on corrosion samples
- Support coupons of all kind of sizes and shapes
- Suited when the test specimen cannot be cut
The IP-U-COR-WD is a fully equipped, vertically mounted corrosion cell set-up for direct in-situ measurements on corrosion samples such as polished welded joints, cylindrical pipes, and other square, circular, or rectangular coupons. The sample size diameter exposed to the measurement is only 1 mm. Since the current measured here is in pA or nA range, a Potentiostat / Galvanostat with very high accuracy for low current measurements is preferred such as the PalmSens4. This setup suits the measurements where the test specimen cannot be cut, or if the coupon is non-flat in geometry. Typically, the analysis involves a series of “Spot” type corrosion measurements directly on the surface of their specimen. Such analysis is also very popular in checking corrosion propagation in museum artifacts where techniques like SECM is not an option.
Exposed Diameter of the Specimen
1 mm. An O-ring provides a reproducible exposed area.
- A 20 mL glass reservoir
- stainless-steel SS430 coupon for sample analysis
- and all the other accessories for plug-n-play analysis
- Direct, in-situ, and multi-spot corrosion measurements on cylindrical pipes, welded joints, and museum artifacts or coupons that cannot be cut into specimens
- Typically used in standard testing protocols designed for random quality checks of cylindrical or disk-shaped metal coupons
- Leakage proof design
Recommended Optional Items
|BASI IP-U-COR-WD: Corrosion Cell For In-Situ Studies On Welded Joints Or Non-Flat Surface The IP-U-COR-WD is a fully equipped, vertically mounted corrosion cell set-up for direct in-situ measurements on corrosion samples such as polished welded joints, cylindrical pipes and other square, circular, or rectangular coupons.||Documentation||08-05-23|