BVT-AC1 Electrochemical sensor
A basic low cost amperometric sensor of a thick-film electrode with 30 possible material combinations
- Three-electrode system
- Thick-film technology
- Same material for working and counter electrode
The sensor is formed on a corundum ceramic base. On this surface the working, the reference and the counter electrodes are applied. The working and the counter electrodes can be made of variety of materials. A bio-chemically active substance can be immobilized on the working electrode of the sensor to create a biosensor.
The Working and Counter electrode can be made of:
- WS Gold Platinum-alloy
- W1 Gold
- W2 Platinum
- W3 Silver
- W4 Carbon
Note for Gold electrodes: The SPEs do not have homogenous properties during print. Each production batch is grouped in boxes, where the SPEs with the same properties are in one box.
The reference electrode can be made of three different materials:
- R1 Ag / AgCl mixed – a nice basic reference electrode
- R2 Ag covered with AgCl – shows a higher stability. Suitable for most organic solvents.
- RS Ag – these give a stable potential in chloride solution but can also be used a pseudo reference electrode
Working electrode diameter
- 1mm Standard diameter
- 2mm Larger working electrode (for carbon electrodes this will result in 2.4 ±0.1 mm)
Electrode naming pattern
- The electrodes are named in the pattern AC1.Wn.Rm with n and m being 1, 2, 3, 4 or S.
- 25.4 x 7.26 x 0.63 mm.
- More information is available in the specifications tab or at the product’s website.
Useful accessories for the AC1 sensor
You may also like…
|BVT AC1 Electrochemical sensor datasheet AC1 Electrochemical sensor - Basic amperometric low cost three-electrode sensor with patented structure made by thick film technology.||Datasheet||01-12-20|