You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
BVT-AC1 Electrochemical sensor
A basic low cost amperometric sensor of a thick-film electrode with 30 possible material combinations
- Three-electrode system
- Thick-film technology
- Same material for working and counter electrode
The sensor is formed on a corundum ceramic base. On this surface the working, the reference and the counter electrodes are applied. The working and the counter electrodes can be made of variety of materials. A bio-chemically active substance can be immobilized on the working electrode of the sensor to create a biosensor.
The Working and Counter electrode can be made of:
- W1 Gold
- W2 Platinum
- W3 Silver
- W4 Carbon
- WS Gold Platinum-alloy
The reference electrode can be made of three different materials:
- R1 Ag / AgCl mixed – a nice basic reference electrode
- R2 Ag covered with AgCl – shows a higher stability
- RS Ag – these give a stable potential in chloride solution but can also be used a pseudo reference electrode
Working electrode diameter
- 1mm Standard diameter
- 2mm Larger working electrode
Electrode naming pattern
- The electrodes are named in the pattern AC1.Wn.Rm with n and m being 1, 2, 3, 4 or S.
- 25.4 x 7.26 x 0.63 mm.
- More information is available in the specifications tab or at the product’s website.
|WE material||Platinum, Gold, Carbon, Silver, Platinum Gold Alloy|
|RE material||Silver, Silver and Silver Chloride Mixed, Silver covered with Silver Chloride|
|WE size||1 mm (default), 2 mm|
|Amount of WEs||1|
|Electrode system||CE + RE+ WE|
|Combined RE and CE||No|
|WE geometric area||3,14mm², 0,79mm²|
|Support material||Alumina Ceramic|
|Support dimensions / mm||7 by 25|