You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Micrux ED-IDA Thin-film InterDigitated Microelectrode Array
Thin-film electrode with high resolution and precision
- Two individually addressable microelectrode array strips
- Individual reference and an auxiliary electrode
- Platinum or Gold electrodes
- Glass support material
This thin-film sensor has a two interdigitated working electrodes, a reference and a working electrode.
Thin-film technologies enable the fabrication of microelectrodes (<25 µm) with high resolution and precision. The interdigitated electrodes (IDE) provide a suitable tool especially useful for impedance, capacitance, and conductivity measurements as well as fuel cells. The more advanced InterDigitated microelectrodes Array (IDA) consist of two individually addressable microelectrode array strips with an interdigitated approach and a reference as well as counter electrode. The microelectrodes are available in different sizes and materials.
For the material, there is platinum or gold to choose from. The platinum or gold layer is 150 nm thick on 50 nm titanium. The cell has a diameter 3.5 mm.
There are three different electrode widths available:
- 15 pairs of 10 µm wide electrodes. The gap between the electrodes is 10 µm.
- 20 pairs of 10 µm wide electrodes. The gap between the electrodes is 5 µm.
- 30 pairs of 5 µm wide electrodes. The gap between the electrodes is 5 µm.
Please note that one of the Micrux cells is necessary to connect the electrode. More Information is available at the specifications tab or here.