You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Multiplexer for 8 up to 128 cells
- Automatically switch between electrochemical cells
- Easy stacking with magnetic feed and top
- 4 different electrode or sensor configurations
- Daisy chain multiplexers, up to 128 channels!
The PalmSens series and EmStat Blue can be used to work with multiple working electrodes or a sensor array by means of a multiplexer. The multiplexer switches between the working electrodes in the range of milliseconds.
- each MUX8-R2 multiplexer enables to work with up to eight 2- or 3- electrode systems.
- daisy chaining multiple MUX8-R2 boards (expansion up to 128 channels)
- all hardware settings are controlled by the software making it unnecessary to flick a physical switch
- LEDs to show which channel is selected
- allows to connect auxiliary input (like temperature sensor)
The most selected connection option uses two double shielded D-Sub cables ending in 2 mm banana plugs. As alternatives we can provide a PCB with screw terminals, D-Sub cable ending in ferrules or Screen Printed Electrode Adapter. Each of these cables can be connected to 4 channels, if all 8 channels are used, two cables are needed.
|number of channels||8 (up to 128 when daisy chained)|
|multiplexer||switches 8 x (WE, S, RE and CE)|
|on resistance for WE||1.5 ohm typical|
|charge injection on WE||20 pC typical|
|leakage current||< 20 pA (5 pA typical) at 25 ºC|
|switching time||2 ms|
|compliance voltage||± 10 V|
|housing||aluminium: 138 mm x 121 mm x 37 mm|
|weight||+/- 500 g|
|temperature range||0 ºC to + 50 ºC|
The MUX8-R2 has the following connections:
|Input||Y-cable connects to both potentiostat sensor connector and (digital) AUX|
|AUX||Can be used to measure auxiliary input like temperature or pH, and to switch external hardware using two digital control lines that can be set in PSTrace|
|Link||Connects to Input of next multiplexer, for daisy-chaining multiple multiplexers|
|USB-C||Input for extra power when|
≥3 multiplexers are daisy-chained
|Channel 1-4||Connects to sensor cables 1-4|
|Channel 5-8||Connects to sensor cables 5-8|
|EmStatMUX8-R2 Description Description of the EmStatMUX8-R2 instrument||documentation||16-11-20|
|MUX8-R2 Description Description of the MUX8-R2 multiplexer||documentation||16-11-20|
|Multichannel, polypotentiostat or multiplexer This will help you to choose the ideal multi-channel instrument for your application.||application-note||08-04-20|
|OCP with MUX8-R2 Describes how to perform an OCP measurement on multiple channels of the MUX8-R2||application-note||08-04-20|