The PalmSens3 is a USB and battery powered potentiostat, galvanostat, and optional a Frequency Response Analyser (FRA) for Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS). The PalmSens3 has a large potential (-5 to 5V) and current range (100 pA to 10 mA) with a high resolution and low noise. A complete laboratory instrument but its compact and rugged design makes it also ideal for field work.
Standard included with a PalmSens3:
- Rugged carrying case
- High quality, double shielded cell cable with
2 mm banana connectors for Working, Counter, Reference electrode and Ground
- Crocodile clips
- Dummy cell
- USB cable
- PSTrace software for Windows
- Linear sweep voltammetry (LSV)
- Differential pulse voltammetry (DPV)
- Square wave voltammetry (SWV)
- Normal pulse voltammetry (NPV)
- AC voltammetry (ACV)
- Cyclic voltammetry (CV)
These methods can all be used in their stripping modes which are applied for (ultra-) trace analysis.
- Stripping chronopotentiometry (PSA or SCP)
Technique as a function of time:
- Chronoamperometry (CA)
- Pulsed amperometric detection (PAD)
- Multiple pulse amperometry (MPAD)
- Fast amperometry (FAM)
- Potentiometry (POT)
- Open circuit potentiometry (OCP)
- Multistep amperometry (MA)
- Multistep potentiometry (MP)
Impedance spectroscopy / EIS:
Scans can be made at a fixed frequency or with a frequency scan.
Main specifications for the controlled potential mode (potentiostat):
||± 5.000 V
|max. dc offset error
||≤ 0.2 %
||100 pA to 10 mA (9 ranges)
||± 30 mA (typical)
||0.01% of current range
≤ 5 % at 100 pA
≤ 1 % at 1 nA
≤ 0.5 % at 10 nA and 10 mA
≤ 0.2 % at 100 nA to 1 mA
all with additional 0.2 % offset error
|max. acquisition rate
The current is measured using a zero resistance ammeter (ZRA).
Controlled current mode (galvanostat):
||1 uA to 10 mA
||± 3.000 times the selected current range
||0.01 % of selected current range
|max. dc-offset error
||≤ 0.2 %
||≤ 0.4 %
|max. output voltage
||± 8 V
||100 µHz to 50 kHz
||0.1 mV to 0.3 V (rms)
|electrometer amplifier input
||> 100 Gohm // 4 pF
||programmable from min. 0.5 μs
Analog: 1 input and 1 output channel (0 V – 3 V)
Digital: 1 input and 4 output lines (3.3V)
||USB or internal Li-ion battery
Main extensions for PalmSens3:
- Multiplexer for using up to 8 or 16 cells with one potentiostat
- Bluetooth extension for wireless connection to PC or Android device
- Pt1000 temperature sensor.
- Magnetic stirrer for stripping analysis applications.
- USB galvanic isolator for floating measurements.
- Differential Electrometer Amplifier (DEA) for use as floating voltage amplifier with differential input and single output for measuring an auxiliary signal between -5 to +5 V or -10 to +10 V.
- BiPot module for use when the sensor or electrochemical cell has two working electrodes. The methods amperometric detection, linear sweep and cyclic voltammetry can be applied in order to measure the current of WE1 and WE2 simultaneously. The BiPot module is available in two modes:
1. The potential of WE2 is kept at a constant value throughout the measurement.
2. The WE2 scans at a fixed potential offset
Click here to see all PalmSens3 compatible extensions and accessories.
All our single channel instruments are shipped with PSTrace for Windows. PSTrace is also available in our download section.
For controlling PalmSens3 using a phone or tablet download PStouch for Android. It is available for free in the Google Play store.