The EmStat module contains the following features:
- 9 embedded common electrochemical techniques (see below)
- options for manual cell control (potentials, changing current range and timing)
- USB and serial communication or USB as Virtual COM port
- automatic current ranging and peripheral control (stirrer or valve)
- multiplexer control
The following techniques are supported by the EmStat module.
- Linear sweep voltammetry (LSV)
- Differential pulse voltammetry (DPV)
- Square wave voltammetry (SWV)
- Normal pulse voltammetry (NPV)
- Cyclic voltammetry (CV)
These methods can all be used in their stripping modes which are applied for (ultra-) trace analysis.
Techniques as a function of time:
- Chronoamperometry (CA)
- Pulsed amperometric detection (PAD)
- Multiple pulse amperometry (MPAD)
- Open circuit potentiometry (OCP)
||± 3.000 V
||± 4.000 V
||± 5 V
||± 8 V
||1 nA to 10 mA (8 ranges)
||1 nA to 100 mA (9 ranges)
||± 20 mA typical
and ± 15 mA minimum
|± 100 mA typical
The current is measured using a zero resistance ammeter (ZRA).
||0.1% of current range, 1 pA at lowest current range
|current accuracy (deviation)
||≤ 1 %of current range at 1 nA
≤ 0.5 % at 10 nA
≤ 0.2 % at 100 nA to 100 uA
≤ 0.5 % at 1 mA, 10 mA and 100 mA
all with max. 0.2 % offset error
|electrometer amplifier input
|| > 100 Gohm // 4 pF
||approx. 100 μs
||ES3: 5V, max. 130 mA
ES3+: 5V, max. 500 mA
|external I/O options
||analog: 1 input and 1 output
both 0 V- 4.096 V
digital: 4 in/output lines
max. rating: -0.3 V to 5.3 V
||ES3: 51.5 x 34 mm
ES3+: 55 x 41 mm
The EmStat module supports communication via:
- serial TTL (Rx/Tx for UART)
- RS232 (by means of additional TTL <> RS232 converter)
- virtual COM port (the EmStat’s USB port is recognized as generic virtual COM port)
- an optional Bluetooth module for use with the Serial Port Profile (SPP) or a Wifi module can be connected to the +5V, GND and Rx/Tx lines
All communication is in plain ASCII. A communications protocol for direct serial communication (without requirement of additional software libraries) is available.
The EmStat can be pre-loaded with a set of measurement parameters to carry out a specific measurement technique autonomously.
Or EmStat can be controlled directly with short commands to control the cell and get readings.
The EmStat potentiostat modules can be used with the EmStat development board to speed up your development process.
More information here.